At the end of 2019 I was super excited raring to go for 2020. At the end of January, only one month into the new year and decade, I’m feeling flatter than ever. Where did all that positivity go?
I’ve been trying to figure out what’s causing it, but I don’t really have much of an idea. So I’m going back to basics, and hopefully that will get me out of the funk. Starting tomorrow I’m determined to be more positive.
January seemed like a pretty decent month though. I didn’t get a chance to write much because I had some things going on that meant I had barely any free time.
- I was co-captain for an event for my run club for the first time, and our team came first!
- 100% of the time that wasn’t spent working or with my family was completely dedicated to walking or captain tasks for the event. It lasted 10 days, and I’ve never been so busy in my life, but it was a great experience.
- I scrapped the selfie-a-day 52 task. I found that it was definitely triggering me to critique myself, and that’s not something I need to be doing while I’m focusing on my eating disorder recovery, I consider the 52 task done because I gave it a go but ultimately it’s not for me
- I did manage to lose 1.4kg in January. It’s not as much as I had hoped for, but it’s a loss. I’ll take it. February needs a bit of improvement but so far I’m heading generally in the right direction.
- I’m on schedule for the decluttering task one day a week, which is awesome. And now my running event is over I’m getting back on top of the house cleaning tasks.
As you can see, there were some pretty good moments in there!
February is nearly halfway through, which is crazy. I think I might go and re-read my post about looking forward to 2020, make some plans, get organised, and get motivated!
Did anyone else have some wins during last month?