I’ve been ticking off a few 52s lately. If you’re new to my blog, my 52 list is a list of 52 random things to get done during the year. Some are fun, some are things I keep putting off. At the end of the year, It’s a great way to look back on the 12 months gone by.
It’s now 9 months into the year, and I’m only just approaching halfway through the list. Yet in the years past I’ve barely made a dent, so already I’m having a great year!
I made a scarf
I’ve been wanting to learn to knit for a long time. This year there were a few entries in for knitting, or clothes making in general:
- Knit something
- Make clothing to wear
At first I practised with a long grey scarf that was my first attempt, which ticked the “Knit something” task. Yet I wanted to push myself further.
I taught myself the “ribbed” scarf pattern, which meant I had to learn the purl stitch. On top of that, I decided to up the ante by learning how to introduce multiple colours, and properly cast off. Overall I’m happy with how it looked, but if I was going to do it again in the future I wouldn’t make it quite so wide. The yarn was quite thick as well, as you can tell from the picture. It weighs a ton.
Listen to NME’s top albums for 2016
I’ve been ticking away at this one while I’m at work, and I’m over halfway. There were 50 albums to listen to, and as of right now I’ve finished 30. I plan on writing a bit of a recap of my thoughts from the list when I’m done, but so far I’ve had some pleasant surprises from the list! There are some new bands I’ve never heard before (a lot, actually), and some that I swore I’d never listen to before realising they were in the list. I’m excited to get this one done!
Visit an art gallery/museum
On the weekend I decided to treat myself by spending the morning in Brisbane wandering around the museum. It was quite the ordeal, and I think I’m almost ready to blame it all on baby brain! In a nutshell:
- Took a wrong turn when driving in the city so drove for an extra 15mins trying to get back to where I was meant to be
- The car park was full, so I had to park further down the street and walk about 1km back to the museum
- It ended up probably being more like 1.5 – 2km, since I managed to get lost again, walking this time.
- Baby was sitting so low in my tummy I had to sit down. I ended up paying $16 for a toasted sandwich and a drink while I rested!
- I walked outside of the cafe to find the museum directly in front of me – I had turned right to go to the cafe, the museum was on the left.
After all that, by the time I walked through the exhibition I was exhausted. It was fantastic though – I really enjoy looking at movie props and seeing the outfits worn on set. I also learned a lot more about the marvel universe, which has made me want to re-watch all the movies from the beginning. In fact, as I write this blog I’ve got Captain America Civil War playing in the background.
Make an achievable list for 2018
Knowing that I’m going to be a first time mum next year I didn’t want to make a crazy difficult list. I also didn’t want to go without a list altogether.
Right now I’ve got 46 items on there, but some of those may drop off. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them! I won’t share the list just yet – it’s got to be a surprise after all!
There’s a few more I’m close to ticking off; the planning is already underway for the following:
- Make a video of a photo/video each day for a year (I’m up-to-date as of today’s date, but obviously this won’t get ticked until the last day of the year)
- Paint a cup – I’ve got my design in mind, I just have to do it
- Learn all the words to Kriss Kross: “Jump” – I’m getting there, I just need to learn it all yet, but I can tell you that Kriss Kross’ll make you wanna JUMP! JUMP!
- Have a de-stress day/night 12 times – 3 down so far
It’s been a great 2017 so far, I’m looking to finishing off the year strongly!