I’m going to stop with the sarcasm here for a minute, and just say a truly heartfelt thank you.
I was blown away by the results of the survey. To be honest, I didn’t actually expect a single response, and was so thrilled when they came pouring in! I genuinely didn’t know why people came to read what I had to say. So many of you took the time to go into detail, which was fantastic. There were so many lovely compliments at the same time (way to make me blush). It was overwhelming in a positive way, so thank you so much for making this motor mouth speechless. Well, for a second anyway.
I thought I would share some of the findings with you:
- 84% love my sarcasm! Woohoo! There’s plenty more to come!
- Travel stories rated a lot higher than I expected -possibly because of my recent trip to Japan but it’s nice to know people enjoy coming for the journey with me! I’ll be sure to make more of an effort to share my random adventures with you all.
- 70% enjoy my 52 list content. Secretly I’m hoping to take over the world with this list and get lots of people on board, and I was thrilled to see some people mentioned they’ve now started one too. If you’re one of those people, feel free to share a link in the comments, or paste the entire list! I’d love to see it.
Some of my favourite quotes about the content on my blog:
- I love your style of writing; Your ‘ramblings’ are engaging, comical and just generally entertaining.
- They usually make me laugh, feel good or say I sooo agree
- They r totally random but honest and they ooze u… i havent seen u in years but its like i am there with u (whoever that was, hi!!!)
- I love reading about your relationship thoughts, you guys are just so cute!!
- Your blogs have always made me laugh and lighten my mood when I get down with life in general.
- It is frequently one of the highlights of my morning
The blog appearance
I was really glad to see that you all appreciated the no fuss style to the blog – straight to the content. I do feel like the appearance is in need of updating though. Unfortunately, there’s a few bugs around in the design. For example the category pages at the top show one or 2 pages at the most, and the sidebar is in the wrong position. I’m not having any luck with the bugs in the design, even reinstalling to no avail. The makers of the theme don’t seem to have any clues either. My own skills aren’t up to the level that I need them to be to debug it, so it’s proving to be a bit challenging.
I daresay in the next month I’ll go with a whole new design altogether. For those of you currently reading the site through a reader this obviously won’t affect you (yay). I need to focus on a better mobile experience (it’s pretty bland), and make it easier to find historical articles too.
I’ll be keeping to the same sort of colour scheme – blue and grey and let the colours come through in the random photos that I share.
Speaking of which, here’s a random pic that made me laugh the other day:
You’re going to need a bigger basket…
So again, thank you to everyone for taking the time to provide your feedback. I’m beyond honoured, and so glad that you all enjoy reading this site as much as I love writing for it.
I’ve got the ideas you put forth on some content as well, and will try to work on those for the coming months.
Thank you!!! Xx