With week 1 done and dusted, week 2 was about continuing with the meal plan, and focusing on consistency. You hear people talk about how long it takes to turn actions into habits, and with the second week certainly not long enough, I had to make sure the motivation remained high. I'd had a nice drop in weight in the past week, and was looking forward to continuing on that path.
My exercise for the week consisted of:
My fitness week on Garmin Connect
- Sunday: a nice long walk with my dog along the beach (it says “Running” because that's the activity I select on my watch to track it – I haven't bothered to set up a “Walking” activity, although I probably should in order to track when I'm walking my dog)
- Monday: a nice long session at the gym with the PT
- Tuesday: Only a half hour walk with my dog this morning
- Wednesday: a night at the gym, spent by doing multiple things: Rowing, Sprints on the treadmill, walking (cool down on the tread mill), and some rowing.
- Thursday: a walk with my dog in the morning, and group training at the gym. I've been trying to track the kind of exercise we do at the gym, but given how many broken segments it becomes I'm going to start just setting it to strength and leaving it at that
- Friday: another walk with my dog in the morning down to the Mooloolaba bakery and back for some fresh bread for breakfast.
- Saturday: rest day.
I've not been running lately, as my PT has specifically asked me to cut back on that while we try to address the issue with my hips. My posture needs correcting, and I've got some serious muscle tightness in my TLS and TFL, which I've been addressing with some painful massages.
Food wise, I had a few days where I was over my calorie count, but on a whole it wasn't so bad. It did show on the scale a little bit as the progression downwards wasn't as great as the week before. Yet in the first week I also dropped a lot of water weight and bloating, so it would have been tough to maintain that rate of weight loss.
Motivation I think I'm doing OK. I'm concerned that because I had a good first week that I'm going to take my foot off the accelerator, so I will be keeping an eye on that.
All things said, everything is still progressing in the right direction.
Second week down, ten weeks to go.