This weekend just gone the hubby and I attended an antenatal class at our hospital, as part of our preparation for the upcoming birth of our first born. We’ve still got one more class to go yet. This one was more of a foundation and learning what was to come. We crammed it all into a single day session, and by the end of it I was brain fried.
- What to expect when you go into labour
- The various stages of labour
- Pain management techniques
- Induction techniques
- When to actually go to the hospital
- What to prepare for hospital (packing list for me, our bub and hubby)
- What not to do when the wife is in labour (i.e. for the partners, how to avoid getting hit in the face by annoying your beloved one)
- Breastfeeding techniques
- Post-birth care
- Tour of the hospital facilities
It was so worth it. I’ve come out of it feeling more comfortable than I expected. Before we went, I would have assumed that the minute my waters broke I would have to make a panicked call to Mario (if he was at work), then a mad dash to the hospital. Just a little unnecessary it seems!