Right now I should be working on wedding stuff (less than 2 weeks to go – eek!) but honestly, I’m a little over thinking about it. I’m super excited, but I truly can’t wait until the discussion on the weekend is “what do we feel like doing” as opposed to “what item on the to do list shall we tackle today?”. This morning we went and checked out the venue and finalised all the little minor details, so I’ve really only got a bit more admin’ish stuff to do, pick up my dress, and then we’re onto the final week beauty regime! As I write this the boy is out in the yard knocking up another cool piece of furniture for the wedding, I truly have been impressed by his talents. [...]
This is the hardest post I think I will ever have to hit “Publish” on. In posting these photos, I’m also achieving one of my other goals “Do something that scares me”. Let’s be honest, sharing these photos scares the absolute s**t out of me.
I hate photos at the best of time, let alone sharing something so revealing. Yet I wanted to have complete transparency and honesty in the results of the 12 week challenge, and I think these photos and the measurements are the most brutal reality there is. [...]
With week 1 done and dusted, week 2 was about continuing with the meal plan, and focusing on consistency. You hear people talk about how long it takes to turn actions into habits, and with the second week certainly not long enough, I had to make sure the motivation remained high. I'd had a nice drop in weight in the past week, and was looking forward to continuing on that path.
My exercise for the week consisted of:
My fitness week on Garmin Connect
- Sunday: a nice long walk with my dog along the beach (it says “Running” because that's the activity I select on my watch to track it – I haven't bothered to set up a “Walking” activity, although I probably should in order to track when I'm walking my dog)
- Monday: a nice long session at the gym with the PT
- Tuesday: Only a half hour walk with my dog this morning
- Wednesday: a night at the gym, spent by doing multiple things: Rowing, Sprints on the treadmill, walking (cool down on the tread mill), and some rowing.
- Thursday: a walk with my dog in the morning, and group training at the gym. I've been trying to track the kind of exercise we do at the gym, but given how many broken segments it becomes I'm going to start just setting it to strength and leaving it at that
- Friday: another walk with my dog in the morning down to the Mooloolaba bakery and back for some fresh bread for breakfast.
- Saturday: rest day.
I've not been running lately, as my PT has specifically asked me to cut back on that while we try to address the issue with my hips. My posture needs correcting, and I've got some serious muscle tightness in my TLS and TFL, which I've been addressing with some painful massages. [...]
Compared to last week, this week has been a walk in the park although it hasn’t been without its challenges. What I wasn’t expecting was for my weight loss to continue to this degree.
Return to work
Tomorrow marks the last day of my holidays before returning to work after the weekend – boo. Hopefully the rain stays away so that I can do something a bit special for it!
This week I’ve spent a lot of time indoors, partially due to the rain, partially due to being super fatigued (I expect related to adjusting to my new diet). It’s been productive, in that I finished a jigsaw puzzle (hooray – 52 completed), but also a fair bit of cooking.